Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Beauty Tried and True: Some Old, Some New

I love mixing vintage with current trends across the board, even when it comes to my beauty routine! My best kept secrets are plucked from every generation, from my grandmother to my best friend.  Here are my summer favorites that I highly recommend to any vintage vixen.

Smith's Rosebud Lip Balm
This gorgeous lip balm leaves your lips soft and conditioned with a subtle rosy glow and a fresh, minty scent.

Johnson and Johnson's Baby Oil
My grandmother once told me the secret to beautiful skin is no further than your local drug store.  After showering, smooth Johnson and Johnson's Baby Oil over every inch of your body for super-smooth, radiant skin. 

This moisturizing spray lightly conditions your hair, strengthening your locks while fighting frizz and pesky flyaways.  

For instant bold lashes reminiscent of the 60s, Maybelline's Falsies Mascara is my go-to pick.  The perk about this gem is that it'll only cost you 6 bucks and it's available everywhere cosmetics are sold!

1 comment:

  1. oh yes! I love the minty rosebud salve!

    xo
    Janelle

    www.janellehaskin.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete