Friday, July 30, 2010

On My Way: Photos of Inspiration and a Note from Our Buyer

I have two choices of routes to take when traveling to the Goodwill in Bordentown, NJ. One takes me through super congested Cherry Hill and leads me to 295. I jump on and drive until I hit the Bordentown exit. It is usually a dry and uneventful trip. An occasional accident or a cop hiding in the bush reminds me to stay alert and focused on the road.

That brings me to route 130. A few miles past Willingboro is where I really start taking in the scenery. Most people would probably focus on the fields of wildflowers or horses playing amongst themselves. Not me. I like to see old things that are on their last legs. My beautiful field of flowers is something faded and falling apart, something with a story to tell.


This is one of many amazing vintage style motel signs that I see on my journey. It reaches to the tops of the trees, and you can't miss it when you drive by.


Could the name of this motel get any creepier. Straight out of a horror flick, it looks like it reads the "Strangel Motel". The colors are so great, faded blue with pops of yellow and white, gracefully rusted around the border of the sign.

This one is my fave! Look at the colors in the T.V./telephones sign. Classic vintage style.

So amazing!!!


These old vintage signs get me so excited to go shopping for the Retrospect. They get me thinking about the lives and stories of the people who stayed there. Just like the clothes I find they have stories to them, a past that is still living on.

- Jenn, Buyer

No comments:

Post a Comment